in New Kensington, PA
The Philip V. McCalister Law Office Helps Provide Security and Comfort
To set up prenuptial agreements in New Kensington, PA, and beyond, the Philip V. McCalister Law Office is the firm you can trust. Prenuptial agreements, also known as “prenups,” are private agreements between a couple contemplating marriage. According to the CDC, approximately 45% of all marriages will end in a divorce. No one goes into a marriage believing that they will be a part of that statistic. But the sad reality is that nearly half of all married couples divorce.
You can protect yourself and your assets by setting up and signing a prenuptial agreement. As an experienced lawyer, Philip V. McCalister, Esq., can ensure that you leave your marriage as well off as you entered into it. Call the Philip V. McCalister Law Office at (724) 339-8318 to set up a consultation for a prenuptial agreement.
What Does a Prenuptial Agreement Do?
Typically, a prenuptial agreement customizes the arrangement of your marriage. The prenuptial agreement lays out provisions for the following in the event of a divorce or death of either spouse:
- Restricts assets owned by a party prior to marriage to that person
- Designates the payment and division of debts
- Gives you the ability to establish a plan for payment of joint expenses during marriage
- Helps alleviate any fear the couple’s parents or children have that a new spouse is trying to take advantage of a spouse’s property and assets
- Set up spousal and child support
- Predesignate child custody
Trust Philip V. McCalister, Esq., to Help Protect Your Assets in Court
Hiring Philip V. McCalister, Esq., in New Kensington, PA, avoids a court declaring the prenup invalid. The court wants to make sure the documentation is legally vetted and binding. Each party should have an independent attorney to review and represent them in the prenuptial agreement. Courts are often cautious about enforcing a prenuptial agreement when it is not clear if the party did not have legal representation.